Accident Prevention and Safety Programs
Safety is our highest priority: Our Pennsylvania State Certified Safety Committee works diligently to strive for a safe and accident free workplace. We take the “It’s everybody’s job to ensure a safe workplace” approach. Typical EMR values are in the 0.7-0.8 range.
Miller Electric maintains a Pennsylvania State certified safety committee, which monitors safety in the workplace. This committee reviews jobsite safety issues, tracks injury occurrences, maintains an awards program recognizing accident free employees, and promotes safety on the jobsite.
Since inception of the committee, Miller Electric's EMR has seen constant lows.
Accomplishments of this committee include:
- CPR and First Aid training classes
- Standardized safety kits
- Standardized eyewear protection program
- Standardized hardhat program
- MSDS manual maintenance
- Safety Program maintenance
- 1000 hour safety awards program (promoting individual safe thinking)
- Forman's safety awards program (promoting safe job management)
- Vehicle fire extinguisher implementation